Is extermination safe for baby?

While no pest control is 100% safe for babies, there are options that reduce your risk, and there are precautions you can take as a parent to help ensure your family is safe.

Is pest control bad for kids?

While pesticides will likely kill whatever unwanted visitors are infesting your home, they can also be harmful to you and your family. Children are especially susceptible to harm from pesticides, because their bodies and immune systems are still developing.

What are two harmful effects of insect spray?


  • Breathing difficulty.
  • Coughing.
  • Loss of alertness (stupor), from the blood oxygen level being out of balance.
  • Tremors (if a large amount is swallowed)
  • Seizures (if a large amount is swallowed)
  • Upset stomach, including cramps, stomach pain, and nausea.
  • Vomiting.

Should I clean the house after pest control?

Typically, cleaning of the treated area can safely take place about three to five days after application. If the exterminator left bait around your home, cleaning is typically safe, as long as you stay away from the pieces.

How long should you stay out of the house after exterminator?

The recommended time to wait before you can come inside is after two to four hours. You should be cautious because if you suddenly enter your home after the exterminator has finished applying the treatment, aside from affecting your respiratory system, your skin can as well absorb the chemicals which can be harmful.

IT IS INTERESTING:  How accurate is blood on a urine pregnancy test?

Is it safe to be in house after pest control?

Many homeowners wonder whether it is safe to stay in the house or leave for a while after pest control treatment. Fortunately, there is no need for you to leave your house due to pest control. … Modern pest control sprays are safe to use for both indoors and outdoors, so there is no reason to leave your home.

Is bug spray poisonous?

Poisonous Ingredient

Most household bug sprays contain plant-derived chemicals called pyrethrins. These chemicals were originally isolated from chrysanthemum flowers and are generally not harmful. However, they can cause life-threatening breathing problems if they are breathed in.