What should I start doing when pregnant?
First trimester: your essential pregnancy to-do list
- Arrange your first appointment with your midwife. …
- Take a supplement. …
- Check before taking medicines. …
- If you smoke, it’s time to quit. …
- Cut out alcohol. …
- Cut down on caffeine. …
- Learn what to eat and what not to eat. …
- Get relief from pregnancy sickness.
Which fruits should avoid during pregnancy?
Bad Fruits for Pregnancy
- Pineapple. Pineapples are shown to contain bromelain, which can cause the cervix to soften and result in an early labor if eaten in large quantities. …
- Papaya. Papaya, when ripe, is actually pretty safe for expectant mothers to include in their pregnancy diets. …
How can I have a beautiful baby during pregnancy?
10 steps to a healthy pregnancy
- See your doctor or midwife as soon as possible.
- Eat well.
- Take a supplement.
- Be careful about food hygiene.
- Exercise regularly.
- Begin doing pelvic floor exercises.
- Cut out alcohol.
- Cut back on caffeine.
Can I hurt my baby by pressing on my stomach?
Not much can beat the feeling of a toddler running to you for a big hug. And, for most patients, the force of a 20- to 40-pound child bumping your belly is not enough to harm the baby.
Can bending hurt your baby?
Heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time, or bending a lot during pregnancy could increase your chances of miscarriage, preterm birth, or injury during pregnancy.
What drinks to avoid while pregnant?
Here are 6 drink to avoid during pregnancy:
- Unpasteurized milk.
- Unpasteurized juices.
- Caffeinated beverages.
- Sugary sodas.
- Drinks with artificial sweeteners, like diet soda.
Can I eat watermelon during pregnancy?
Eating watermelon during pregnancy is generally considered safe. However, this fruit is moderately rich in carbs and low in fiber, a combination that can cause blood sugar levels to spike ( 1 ).