Weetabix, Ready brek and Oatibix are not suitable for infants under six months, and are not produced specifically for infants or young children. The Department of Health recommends you use mashed up family foods when possible. Cow’s milk is not suitable until 12 months and sugar and salt are not to be added.
What Breakfast Can I Give My 8 month old?
Breakfast ideas for babies and young children
- unsweetened porridge or lower-sugar cereal mixed with whole milk and topped with fruit, such as mashed ripe pear or banana.
- wholewheat biscuit cereal (choose lower-sugar options) with whole milk and fruit.
What shouldnt 8 month old eat?
Never leave your baby unattended while eating. Don’t serve foods that your baby could choke on, such as whole grapes, raw vegetables, hard fruits, raisins, white bread, pieces of hard cheese, hot dogs, popcorn, and hard candies.
Is 2 Weetabix enough for breakfast?
With the recommended serving of two biscuits containing 136 calories, it’s easy to see why those wishing to maintain a healthy lifestyle favour Weetabix. … The initiative suggests that people should consume around 400 calories at breakfast, 600 at lunch and 600 at dinner.
Can 6 month old eat weetbix?
Despite the health benefits of this cereal, which can be mixed with breast milk, formula or cow’s milk, it may not be suitable for every baby. Wheat contains gluten. This means that Weetabix is NOT suitable for babies under 6 months of age and should not be given as a first weaning food.
What can I feed my 8 month old for dinner?
- Diced tofu or meat: ¼ cup.
- Green vegetables: ¼ to ½ cup.
- Potato, rice, pasta, or noodles: ¼ cup.
- Fruit: ¼ cup.
- Breast milk or formula: 4 to 6 ounces.